Lunch ' n ' Learn Urban Garden Series
TO REGISTER: Space is limited, and registration for each session is required by contacting Café Appalachia AmeriCorps VISTA Danielle Justice at DJustice@stepbystepwv.org or calling (304) 654-6009.
Join Cafe Appalachia and West Virginia State University Extension Service for this FREE six-part garden workshop series, beginning March 26 with a session on raised bed construction and irrigation. Each session will take place from 10 a.m. until noon at the Cafe.
The full schedule is as follows:
• March 26: How to Start Raised Beds & Garden Irrigation
• April 23: Crop Seeding & Transplanting
• June 18: Garden Plant Care - Suckering & Pruning
• July 23: Crop Harvesting
• Sept. 24: Low Tunnels & Cold Crops
• Oct. 22: How to Winterize Raised Beds
Attendees are invited to have lunch at the café at a discounted rate of $8.00 following the sessions.
Funding for the series is provided in part by a mini-grant from Try This West Virginia.